Way back in March I posed the question, would you like/use a OTS specific classified section on the OTSG. I then put the question to a vote. You kind of overwhelmingly approved of the idea, so for the past 3 months I’ve been working off and on in the development of just such a function.
I had toyed with idea of opening up the “posts” to a “For Sale By Owner” category, but knowing my track record of tardy posting I figured this should be something I hand over to you the reader. I chose a FREE, somewhat intuitive classified software package and configured it to my liking. I named her Emporium and she should be just that. All things old, crappy 10-speed brought to life in commerce and community.
I approached this project very loosely and open minded, with a couple exceptions.
Here how I see it:
- It’s FREE, but if you sell lots of stuff on it, say thanks with a donation.
- Use it or don’t use it, I don’t care.
- If no one uses it, I’ll just remove it. No skin off my back.
- It is VERY rough. I am counting on you, the user, to report any issues, flaws or general suggestions to me.
- I am requiring registration to post on the Emporium, but you are free to browse without registration.
- I am requiring a “Request for Registration” to prescreen potential users, and to thwart the spam-asses.
- Any personal information you share with me will not be used feloniously or shared with any third parties. If you don’t want to share the information—don’t. All I need is a valid email, an alias and preferable your first and last name.
- I reserve the right to reject or remove any user for any reason, but don’t worry, I’m a nice guy.
- I would like the Emporium to stay on topic. I will delete any non-relevant ads as soon as I see them. The whole point is to provide a speciality market.
Thats pretty much it, but I may add to or edit this list in the future.
Go ahead, take a look around. There isn’t much to it, just a shell. But with your help, it’ll be the bumpinest little 10-speed flea market on the planet.