Brinknd’s 1974 Schwinn Le Tour Aero’d out!
- YEAR: 1974 or 1975MAKE: Schwinn
- MODEL: Le Tour
- SEAT: original (replaced a few springs and added some padding)
- HANDLEBARS: Original Schwinn Drop with Scott Clip-on Aero bars
- RIMS: Original 27 x 1 ¼
- TIRES: New white wall 27 x 1 ¼ Kenda
- PEDALS: Original with NOS Schwinn Toe Clips
- Front Derailleur: Original Le Tour
- Rear Derailleur: Original Le Tour GT 400
- STANDOVER HEIGHT: 35 inches
- BRAKES: original Schwinn center pull
- BRAKE AND SHIFTER cables: New
I bought this bike off of an Ebay auction for a total of $65.00 from an Ebay shop in Chesterton, Indiana. My sister happened to live nearby and timing for a visit from her was perfect -so I saved on the shipping Ebay shipping cost.
I repacked the bearings, took off a few parts, added a few parts, cleaned a few parts, and the bike is a great ride. The bike’s original paint has a few “Wear and Tear” marks, but those just add a “rode hard” distinguished look.