Wanted to submit a new “old” ten speed entry. Love the site.
A little bit about it:
Got this little beauty free from my uncle’s garage. His only request was to take it. I spent some time taking it apart, removing rust from the chrome, repairing paint chips, re-greasing and replacing cables. With some new tape and seat, it is ready to go. It isn’t fully original, but it’s cool. There are some great sites on the internet that give history of the UO-8.
- Cost – Unknown Frame Sizes – 21” (54cm) Frame – Peugeot lightweight tubing
- Lugs – Unknown
- Fork – Chrome fork crown, ends
- Handlebars – ATAX “Course” racing
- Stem – ATAX PSC96 alloy
- Brakes – WEINMANN 610 alloy center pull w/ 181 QR racing levers w/ extension levers
- Derailleur – SIMPLEX SJ810 GT alloy rear, SIMPLEX SA12 front, Deluxe “power” stem shifters
- Cranks – Cottered CYCLO steel with chain rings 40 x 52T
- Wheels – RIGIDA Chrolux
- Colors – Black